So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bed Bugs
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bed Bugs FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bed Bugs