So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bad Upper Back
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Upper Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Upper Back