If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bad Neck
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Neck FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Neck