If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bad Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Lower Back Pain