If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bad Knees
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Knees FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Knees