You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bad Hips
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Bad Hips FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Hips