So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bad Back Reviews
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Back Reviews FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Back Reviews