You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Bad Back Dreams
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Back Dreams FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Back Dreams