So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bad Back And Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Back And Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Back And Side Sleeper