If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Bad Back And Shoulders
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Bad Back And Shoulders FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Back And Shoulders