You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bad Back And Neck
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Bad Back And Neck FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bad Back And Neck