So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Backpain
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Backpain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Backpain