If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back Support And Comfort
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Support And Comfort FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Support And Comfort