You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back Problems Reviews
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Problems Reviews FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Problems Reviews