If you’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Winkbed
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Winkbed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Winkbed