You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Us
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Us FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Us