You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Sufferers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Sufferers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Sufferers