So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Stomach Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Stomach Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Stomach Sleeper