So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Scoliosis
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Scoliosis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Scoliosis