If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Rooms To Go
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Rooms To Go FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Rooms To Go