If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Relief
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Relief FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Relief