You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Reddit
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Reddit FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Reddit