You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Plush Or Firm
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Plush Or Firm FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Plush Or Firm