If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Online
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Online FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Online