So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain No Box Spring
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain No Box Spring FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain No Box Spring