So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Ireland
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Ireland FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Ireland