So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain In Kenya
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain In Kenya FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain In Kenya