You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain Front Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain Front Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain Front Sleeper