You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain From Ikea
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain From Ikea FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain From Ikea