So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain And Posture
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back Pain And Posture FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain And Posture