If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Pain And Arthritis
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Pain And Arthritis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Pain And Arthritis