So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back Issues
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back Issues FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Issues