So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back Injury
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back Injury FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back Injury