So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back And Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Back And Side Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Side Sleeper