So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back And Neck
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Back And Neck FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Neck