You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back And Neck Problems
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back And Neck Problems FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Neck Problems