So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Back And Neck Pain Australia
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back And Neck Pain Australia FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Neck Pain Australia