So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Back And Knee Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back And Knee Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Knee Pain