So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Back And Joint Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Back And Joint Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Back And Joint Pain