So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Athletes
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Athletes FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Athletes