You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Athlete
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Athlete FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Athlete