So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Arthritis In Lower Back
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritis In Lower Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritis In Lower Back