So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Arthritis Canada
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritis Canada FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritis Canada