So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Arthritis Back
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Arthritis Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritis Back