So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Arthritis Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritis Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritis Back Pain