You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Arthritis And Fibromyalgia
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritis And Fibromyalgia FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritis And Fibromyalgia