You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Arthritic Lower Back
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritic Lower Back FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritic Lower Back