If you’re looking of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Arthritic Knees
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritic Knees FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritic Knees