So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Arthritic Hips
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Arthritic Hips FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Arthritic Hips