You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Allergy Sufferers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Allergy Sufferers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Allergy Sufferers